More information for homeowners about our program and services can be found below.
Are you a contractor looking for information on our program or a homeowner wanting information about working with contractors? Look here!
There are many other programs that homeowners can utilize in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County that assist with home repairs like the Heritage Home Program. You can also contact your city to see if they have any repair assistance programs for their residents.
These other programs are not affiliated with the Heritage Home Program and the information below has come from their websites. Please look into the programs to see if they can assist you.
Programs Offered to Residents in the City of Cleveland ONLY
- Repair a Home (RAH) – (216) 664-2045
- These loans through the Division of Neighborhood Services are only for code related repairs, mechanical repairs or health and safety repairs.
- Senior Homeowner Assistance Program (SHAP) – (216) 664-2833
- SHAP provides grants to Cleveland residents age 60+ or disabled adults who meet income eligibility guidelines and own single or two family homes in need of critical, health, safety and maintenance repairs.
- Cleveland Tree Assistance Program (CTAP) – (216) 664-2833
- Bedbug Assistance Program – (216) 664-2833
- Community Development Corporations (CDC) – (216) 830-2770
- CDCs address housing issues in Cleveland’s neighborhoods. Some CDCs provide home repair grants to eligible homeowners.
- Community Housing Solutions – (216) 651-0077
- Community Housing Solutions assists low and moderate income families obtain and maintain safe, decent, and affordable housing.
- Tool Loan and Home Maintenance Training and minor home repair programs
- Lead Hazard Control Program (LHC) – (216) 664-2045
- LHC program through the Division of Neighborhood Services provides lead risk assessments, identifies lead–based paint and provides grants to control lead-based paint hazards.
- City of Cleveland’s Community Reinvestment Area Program – (216) 664-3442
- Tax Abatement requires meeting Cleveland Green Building Standards – Cleveland Green Building Standard Handbook can be found online
- Residential Tax Abatement for Single and Two Family Structures
- Residential Tax Abatement for Multi-Family Structures (3+)
Programs Offered to Residents in Cuyahoga County
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) – (216) 574-7100 or 1-800-848-1300
- Cuyahoga County Hosing Enhancement Loan Program (HELP) – (216) 443-2149
- The Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP) provides homeowners of occupied or investment properties in eligible Cuyahoga County communities home improvement loans, at three percentage points below normal bank rates, for home repair or remodeling projects. HELP has no restrictions on a borrower’s income and few limitations on what improvements can be made to a property.
- Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) – (216) 458-4663
- NHS works in Cleveland and certain suburbs. Loans for homeowners with credit issues (including homeowners with no credit). Provides a loan for home repairs up to $60,000.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) – (800) 282-0880 FREE
- HEAP is a federally funded program that provides eligible Ohioans assistance with their home energy bills. This one-time benefit is applied directly to the customer’s utility bill or bulk fuel bill.
- Lutheran Housing Corporation (LHC) – (216) 541-7000
- Repair Assistance for Elderly Homeowners
- Furnace Repair
- Tool Loan Program
- Hebrew Free Loan Association (HFLA) – (216) 378-9042
- HFLA lends money interest free to responsible individuals in need. Types of loans include: home bills, home repairs, medical and dental expenses, family expenses, education, etc. Loans up to $10,000
- Dominion East Ohio Home Performance with Energy Star Program – (877) 287-3416
- GoodCents performs an energy audit. The cost is $50 (retail value $500).
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health: Healthy Homes Program – (216) 201-2000 ex. 1527
- Offers lead safe home repairs to income-eligible homeowners and renters in suburban areas outside the City of Cleveland
- Rebuilding Together NEO – (216) 800-8556 or (330) 773-4100
- Through the minor home repair program, they seek to repair some of the more critical things such as replacing a roof, fixing or replacing a furnace, building a ramp, upgrading the electrical system, painting, and flooring.